Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm.
Occasional Saturdays along with the odd late-night event.
We’re looking for a self-motivated and responsible person to take over the reins from our much loved and dedicated shop manager while she takes her maternity leave. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced and hardworking sales person, with focus and attention to detail. They will be required to manage the day-to-day running of the Pentreath & Hall shop, stock room and website. The role requires someone with great operational and sales skills and the energy, passion and innovation to maintain our ongoing reputation; both visually through the shop and through exceptional customer service. While managing a small friendly team, they must be confident in taking the lead, offering support with a ‘hands on’ approach to leadership.
- First & foremost to provide excellent customer service.
- To keep shop, stock room and dispatch units organised and tidy at all times.
- To manage sales assistants’ and web fulfilment co-ordinators’ daily routines.
- To carry out regular visual merchandising of shop stock.
- To operate the till & take sale transactions handling cash, credit/debit cards, daily cashing up, weekly banking, reporting etc.
- To learn about shop products & provide customers with comprehensive product information.
- To deal with telephone and email enquiries.
- To carry out regular stock checks and re-ordering.
- To report daily & weekly sales to the management.
- To organise and manage P&H evening events and guest pop-up shop calendar.
- Maintain contact database and assist with the P&H newsletter.
- To prioritise workload for yourself and the Pentreath & Hall team.
- Understanding and working in line with brand messaging and tone of voice.
- Comprehension of technology systems and the ability to effectively communicate with technical support
Proven experience of working with Shopify and a clear working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is imperative as well a strong understanding of fulfilment systems and product management.
There is scope for a related position to become permanent in due course.
Please send your C.V. with covering letter, current notice period and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Monday 1st June.