Pentreath & Hall | Ecommerce Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a customer-focused, dynamic and motivated candidate to run the day-to-day online operations of our globally reputable central London-based homewares company.
Our ideal applicant will have excellent commercial awareness, numeracy and communication skills and a love of working collaboratively with a small, friendly team.
The ecommerce co-ordinator will work closely in unity with the shop manager and creative director and will be responsible for the following:
- Photographing and editing products for web use
- Creating, improving and maintaining detailed product descriptions and content, including regularly updating the homepage and news page
- Uploading and updating product images, pricing and associated codes/copy
- Maintaining the product photo library
- Compiling and sending shop newsletter
- Providing a high quality customer experience at all times
- Writing, scheduling and regularly posting engaging content to P&H social media platforms
- Managing existing products and online inventory; identifying and rectifying gaps and redundancies within the website
- Regular and thorough function checks and general website admin
- Effectively managing online customer communications and enquiries
- Liaising with courier partners to optimise shipping rates and service
- Optimising and fine-tuning traffic analytics to drive sales
- Regular reporting for directors
- Understanding and working in line with brand messaging and tone of voice
- Comprehension of technology systems and the ability to effectively communicate with technical support
Proven experience of working with Shopify and a clear working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is imperative as well a strong understanding of fulfilment systems and product management.
A strong interest and talent in producing appealing written content for the website and social media platforms is essential. An appreciation for design and interiors is advantageous.
The vacancy would suit a highly organised person with enthusiasm and focus to drive sales and enhance customer experience.
The role is permanent and full-time, based at our studio in Bloomsbury.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, unfortunately it will only be possible to contact candidates selected for interview.
Please send your CV, covering letter, current salary and notice period to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday 30th April.